Honoring excellence in leadership in the printing and graphic arts industry.
Deadline for Submissions: February 7, 2014
About the Award
The continuous improvement of processes and products—as well as innovative breakthroughs—is a business imperative. By improving quality, productivity, safety, and customer satisfaction, companies reap the rewards of prosperity and a safe workplace. Individuals who implement, manage, and sustain these improvement programs are recognized with the Managing for Improvement Award.
In its second year, this award is bestowed on a manager in the printing industry who has demonstrated the ability to create real and lasting improvement for his or her company. This person must have a clear record of leading people, teams, and/or projects to higher levels of performance.
The winner of the Managing for Improvement Award will be recognized in front of a distinguished audience at the 2014 Continuous Improvement Conference, March 30–April 2, in Dallas, Texas, at The Fairmont Hotel. To learn more about the CI Conference, visit www.printing.org/ciconference.
The competition is open to any individual working for printing and graphic communications providers in North America. Suppliers and consulting firms are not eligible.
When nominating an individual for this prestigious award, please provide information that strengthens his or her candidacy, including:
- Complete nominee contact information.
- Brief biography, including years in the industry, current work responsibilities, and work history.
- Professional achievements connected to managing for improvement such as:
- Leadership in the application of continuous improvement practices such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, ISO 9001, total quality management, and good manufacturing practices.
- Measurable improvements in quality, efficiency, productivity, safety, and/or customer satisfaction in either production or service.
- Success in achieving sustained improvement in quality of production and/or service through people.
- At least one letter of recommendation outlining why the individual should be considered for this award.
- Evidence of managing for improvement in the form of quality, productivity, and customer satisfaction metrics is highly desirable.
All submissions must be postmarked no later than February 7, 2014. Nominations after this deadline or without supporting documentation will not be considered. The award recipient will be chosen by a selection committee of industry experts in continuous improvement. Printing Industries of America will notify the recipient and his or her nominator no later than February 18, 2014.
The award recipient will be honored on April 2, 2014, at the 2014 Continuous Improvement Conference. In addition to the beautifully engraved award, the recipient will receive free registration, as well as complimentary lodging for one night at the host hotel.
Other recognition for the recipient and his/her company includes:
- A news release detailing the recipient and award sent to the media.
- Recognition with an ad in Printing Industries of America: The Magazine.
Nominations and accompanying documentation should be mailed, faxed, or emailed to:
Managing for Improvement Award
Printing Industries of America
200 Deer Run Road
Sewickley, PA 15143
(Please include Email Subject Line: Managing for Improvement Award)